Adelaide is the capital of the State of South Australia in Australia. Adelaide is a coastal town on the Saint -Vincent- golf. The city is (because of their cultural events) known as the "festival city", such as the “Glenelg Jazz Festival” and the “Adelaide Festival of Arts”. Likewise Adelaide is called the "city of churches" (City of Churches). Adelaide hosts several sporting events, such as the Australian Grand Prix Formula 1 (from 1985 to 1995) at the Adelaide Street Circuit.
• The park ring : The old city center, now a financial and business district , is lined by a up to 600 m wide park ring which is divided into 27 individual parks with various facilities such as toilets, various sports fields, fixed barbecue facilities, hiking trails, bike trails and other recreational facilities . The total area is approximately 4 × 5 square kilometers.
• Adelaide Festival Centre: The Adelaide Festival Centre is a complex consisting of several theaters and exhibition spaces. There are all kinds of theater, modern art exhibitions, dance performances, operas, musicals and cabaret.
• Art Gallery of South Australia: The Art Gallery of South Australia shows works of local painters from the 19th Century and also European art starting from 1500.
• South Australian Museum: The museum has a large collection of Aboriginal objects and the "Egyptian Room".
• Migration Museum: The museum displays the personal story of some immigrants, their belongings , as well as models and parts of ships with which the immigrants came .
• Botanic Gardens opened in 1857, with the Palm House, a Victorian-style greenhouse.
• Cleland Wildlife Park: As Part of the Cleland Conservation Area in the Adelaide Hills, the Cleland Wildlife Park was established, containing native fauna.
• The Historic Glenelg: Glenelg, a suburb of Adelaide, is situated directly on the sea.
Photo: Adam.J.W.C. / wikipedia - CC BY-SA 2.5