Tags: live music, german, outdoor dining, take away, licensed, kids menu, australian, european
Breathing new life into the Heritage listed Working Men's Institute, La Bohème brings traditional European beers, hearty wholesome cuisine and the atmosphere of central European Eateries to Balmain.
The La Bohème Restaurant is situated in the carefully refurbished Lecture Hall of the Working Men's Institute, decorated with restored furnishings to create a warm and welcoming feeling for our guests. The name La Boheme has several meanings including life in Bohemia â€“ the main part of the Czech Republic.
The owners, all Czech born, have spent over a decade working their way through Europe and Australia. They have worked in hospitality over this time gaining much experience in different areas. Romana & Pavel opened the Prague Restaurant, Potts Point in 2004 before moving onto La Boheme in 2007. All four owners have a very hands on philosophy to running a business working both in the kitchen and on the floor to make your experience the best it can be.
The chefs have extensive experience with European cooking having worked in Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic and Australia. This breath of experience allows them to bring the best of Mid European cooking to Balmain. The dishes are made in traditional style using recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. To create the perfect dish the chefs source the finest imported ingredients and combined them with the freshest local produce.
The wait staff provides efficient and friendly service to compliment the style of cuisine and will happily recommend their favourite beer, wine or other drink to enhance the European experience.
La Bohème Restaurant:
- is fully licensed with additional bar licence (guests do not need to consume food in order to buy alcoholic beverages). * BYO available Wednesday & Thursday wine only, corkage $3.00 per person
- 110 seating capacity â€“ split level restaurant with outdoor seating in a shaded courtyard
- kids friendly â€“ please book early to allow our staff to pay the extra attention to your kids needs
- wheelchair access to the outdoor area
- live music every Friday night
- take away meals available, please allow us 30 mins for preparation (no home delivery)
- catering available â€“ wide selection of gourmet sandwiches, platters of cold and hot finger food, traditional dishes, cakes and more.
- gift vouchers available
- bookings recommended.