Tags: science, museum, history
The Western Australian Medical Museum which is housed in a wing of Harvey House displays items of memorabilia from the states past in the health care field.
The Medical Museum was opened in March 1988 by a committee of enthusiasts who were keen to ensure that the memorabilia of the history of health care in the state were not lost to professionals and layman alike. The museum is operated on a voluntary basis. The museum is also available for research.
The collection includes: The Royal Flying Doctor Room: The display features part of a Beechcraft Baron fitted up as a typical flying doctor aircraft, together with radio gear and memorabilia of the history of the service.
A General Practioner's Consulting Room: The complete old-style consulting room of the late Dr. Donaldson, donated by his widow, is displayed intact. Dental Surgery: A reconstruction of a complete dental surgery of the 1920-30's, with contemporary furniture and equipment occupies two rooms.